Sunday, March 24, 2013

More For World War Z

Brad Pitt's long awaited apocalyptic zombie flick "World War Z" is set to destroy theaters on June 21st,  2013. And Plan B (Pitt's Production company) has given us another glimpse into what is to be expected. And from the looks of the latest trailer the film actually looks like it might be worth seeing.

For me I think that the whole Zombie genre is getting rather played out and needs a rest. While there are still zombie things worth watching and owning ("The Walking Dead" comes to mind, despite all the negativity & criticism about the show being slow and too much filler. But on the same token those complainers would say that there is no plot if the show was all action. And in reality "The Walking Dead" isn't really about the zombies anyway. But try to explain that to some... but I digress), but when we get "Twilightesque" zombie love stories & just about every other horror novel is zombies I say enough already. For me, if it comes to zombies now, I have think it is really going to worth it, or I am not even wasting my time.

But with said, with this new trailer for "World War Z" (I wasn't to excited about the first one) I am thinking it just might be worth my time. That it actually seems to have a real plot. I know the film is going to be huge departure from the Max Brooks novel. And while I thought the novel was okay (With way Brooks went about it, with Oral History of the after the fact zombie war, I thought some stories worked out great & some just boring & and a retread from movies that Brooks had seen) the movie is looking interesting.

I was beginning to think Pitt's foray into the horror genre was never going to come out after it was leaked that the film was a disaster of epic proportions. With production shut down for being way over cost because of the script rewrites and re-shoots.  And quite frankly that still worries me. I guess will just have to wait and see. However, I'm thinking the critics are going to have a field day tearing this film down.

Until next time... stay scared.    

No comments:

Post a Comment