Friday, January 4, 2013

The "Evil Dead" remake: REDBAND Trailer; Thoughts of It


Okay. I admit it. I was not a fan of Hollywood remaking “Evil Dead”. Not even with the fact that Raimi had something to do with it. However, I am now eating those words after watching the REDBAND trailer for it.

The original “Evil Dead” (the Bruce Campbell ones) I found, while shot on a low budget, pure masterful. Even though they were of more a dark comedy than actual horror (especially 2 & 3) per say. And when I heard the rumor mills start with Hollywood looking to remake the classic from my teen years I was appalled. Because lets face it. Most of the remakes, especially of the horror variety, have pretty much sucked balls. Then they went and attached Diablo Cody’s name to the new version & I was ready to jump out a window. Now its not like Cody is a bad writer and all (I found “Juno” quite good, and I even defended her at times when people talked shit about her), I do believe that she is slightly overrated especially when she talked about being such a huge horror fan and that how she really wanted to do a horror film then gave us the god-awful “Jennifer’s Body” I felt that she should have been taken out and flogged. A little extreme I know, but I really disliked that movie that I had such high hopes for. When I heard Cody’s name pop up with he rewrite for “Evil Dead” I was really starting to think that this remake was going give us tremendous levels suckage.

But all is starting to be forgiven. And I’ll admit that I will be more than happy to eat any amount of crow for thinking and bitching the way I did about the remake of “Evil Dead” if it lives up to what the trailer is promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment